Scottish healthcare sector reps to be quizzed by Committee
7 September 2020
High ranking executives from bodies representing key workers in Scotland’s health and social care sector during the coronavirus pandemic will give evidence to the Scottish Affairs Committee on Thursday.
Purpose of the session
The panel have been called by the Committee to discuss developments in the industry early in the coronavirus crisis including on the UK and Scottish Governments’ handling of care homes, testing and PPE.
The Committee is also expected to ask questions that address:
- risks to staffing levels and overseas recruitment in light of Covid-19;
- pandemic preparedness at the start of the crisis and lessons learned to ensure future resilience.
The evidence given by the panel is for the Committee’s Coronavirus and Scotland inquiry.
Thursday 10 September 2020, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Dr Donald Macaskill, Chief Executive, Scottish Care;
- Theresa Fyffe, Director, Royal College of Nursing Scotland;
- Wilma Brown, Employee Director, NHS Fife; Lay Activist, UNISON.
Image: Creative Commons