Secretary of State for Scotland questioned on work of Scotland Office
6 October 2015
The Scottish Affairs Committee takes evidence on the work of the Scotland Office.
- Watch Parliament TV: Work of the Scotland Office
- Inquiry: The work of the Scotland Office
- Scottish Affairs Committee
On Wednesday 14 October the Committee scrutinise the work of the Scotland Office. In what is expected to be a wide-ranging session the Committee take evidence from Ministers and officials on the effectiveness of the Scotland Office, the Scotland Bill and the Scotland Office’s role in ensuring the UK Government serves the interests of the people of Scotland through the reserved policies it delivers.
Wednesday 14 October 2015, Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster
- Francesca Osowska OBE, Director of the Scotland Office and officials
- Rt Hon David Mundell MP, Secretary of State for Scotland
- Lord Dunlop, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Scotland
- Lord Keen of Elie QC, Advocate General for Scotland
Chair of the Committee, Pete Wishart MP, said:
"I am delighted that our autumn programme starts by picking up on the big themes which have dominated the debate about Scotland at Westminster. English votes for English laws will fundamentally change the representation rights of Scottish MPs yet they are being rushed through at breakneck speed. I hope our committee can offer some scrutiny of the plans. The Scotland Bill is also currently completing its course through the Commons with a huge debate about whether it matches the Smith agreement."
Video: Parliamentary copyright