Renewable energy in Scotland discussed by leaders and experts
22 February 2016
- Watch Parliament TV: Renewable energy sector in Scotland evidence
- Inquiry: The renewable energy sector in Scotland
- Scottish Affairs Committee
Wednesday 24 February, 2016, Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster
- Niall Stuart, Chief Executive, Scottish Renewables
- Andy Kerr, Executive Director, Edinburgh Centre for Carbon Innovation
- Simon Skillings, Senior Associate, E3G
- Professor Keith Bell, Co-Director, UK Energy Research Centre
Committee chair Pete Wishart said:
"Scotland can be rightly proud of its record on renewable energy, as it has surpassed fossil fuels and nuclear to become our principal electricity source. In this session we will be hearing from Scottish Renewables, which represents the industry, and three other organisations involved with in the renewables sector.
We will be asking them about the Government's strategy for supporting the renewables sector in Scotland, and in particular whether they have any concerns regarding recent reductions in government subsidy."
Video: Parliamentary copyright