Investor confidence in Scottish renewables discussed by experts
29 February 2016
The Scottish Affairs Committee continue their inquiry into renewable energy by taking evidence from the World Energy Council and Bloomberg New Energy Finance.
- Watch Parliament TV: Renewable energy sector in Scotland evidence
- Inquiry: The renewable energy sector in Scotland
- Scottish Affairs Committee
Wednesday 2 March 2016, Committee Room 6, Palace of Westminster
- Joan MacNaughton, Executive Chair of the World Energy Trilemma Study Group for the World Energy Council
- Angus McCrone, Chief Editor, Bloomberg New Energy Finance
Committee chair Pete Wishart said:
"In this session we want to understand the impact that recent Government cuts have had on investor confidence in the Scottish renewable energy sector. For the industry to continue growing and innovating, investor confidence will be vital in providing support.
We will also be asking how Scotland's renewable sector can contribute to meeting carbon emission targets beyond 2020."
Video: Parliamentary copyright