Committee seeks clarity from Ministers on future of Scottish trade post-Brexit
30 November 2018
The Scottish Affairs Committee will take evidence from David Mundell MP, Secretary of State for Scotland and George Hollingberry MP, Minister of State for Trade Policy, on Tuesday 4 December in the final session of the Committee's inquiry into Scotland and Brexit: Trade & Foreign Investment.
- Watch Parliament TV: Scotland and Brexit: Trade and Foreign Investment
- Inquiry: Scotland and Brexit: Trade and Foreign Investment
- Scottish Affairs Committee
Conclusion of sessions looking into post-Brexit trade for Scotland
Ahead of the UK Parliamentary vote on the Brexit withdrawal agreement, the Scottish Affairs Committee will conclude its in-depth inquiry on the future of Scottish trade post-Brexit. The Committee has held six evidence sessions so far, with the Scottish Minister for Trade, Investment and Innovation, Ivan McKee MSP, appearing before the Committee two weeks ago.
Purpose of the session
In this final session, the Committee will probe the UK Minister on Scotland's role in post-Brexit UK trade talks, as well as on concerns sector bodies raised throughout the inquiry about possible barriers to future trade and the principles that will underpin future trade deals.
Tuesday 4 December 2018, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- David Mundell MP, Secretary of State for Scotland
- George Hollingberry MP, Minister of State for Trade Policy, Department for International Trade