Social media data and real time analytics
12 June 2014
This is the first oral evidence session for the Committee’s inquiry into Social media data and real time analytics.
- Parliament TV: Social media data and real time analytics
- Inquiry: Social media data and real time analytics
- Science and Technology Committee
The first panel will focus on how economic benefits might be realised through the use of social media data and real-time analytics. The second panel will be looking at how social media data and the use of real-time analytics could improve governance and social provision.
Wednesday 18 June 2014
Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
At 9.15 am
- Timo Hannay, Managing Director, Digital Science
- Carl Miller, Research Director, Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, Demos
- Sureyya Cansoy, Director, Tech for Business and Consumer Programmes, techUK
At 10.15 am
- Professor John Preston, Professor of Education, University of East London
- Professor Mick Yates, Visiting Professor, Consumer Data Research Centre, University of Leeds
- Dr Ella McPherson, Research Fellow, University of Cambridge
The session is open to the public on a first come, first served basis. Portcullis House is the building directly above Westminster Station, entrance to which is via Victoria Embankment. There is no system for the prior reservation of seats in Committee Rooms. It is advisable to allow about 30 minutes to pass through security checks. Committee rooms and the timing of meetings are subject to change.