Science and Technology Committee holds follow-up evidence session on Biometrics and forensics
25 June 2021
The Science and Technology Committee is to hold an evidence session to follow up on its predecessor Committee's Report The work of the Biometrics Commissioner and the Forensic Science Regulator.
- Watch Parliament TV: Biometrics and forensics: follow-up
- Inquiry: Biometrics and forensics: follow-up
- Science and Technology Committee
With many changes taking place in the months between Report publication, in July 2019, and the Government's Response, published in March 2021, the Committee has invited the Ministers, the former Forensic Science Regulator and the former Biometrics Commissioner to give oral evidence on the issues covered in the previous Committee’s Report.
Wednesday 30 June - remote participation by witnesses and Committee members
- Professor Gillian Tully, Former Forensic Science Regulator (2014–2021)
- Professor Paul Wiles, Former Commissioner for the Retention and Use of Biometric Material (2016–2021)
- Kit Malthouse MP, Minister of State for Crime and Policing, Home Office
- Baroness Williams of Trafford, Minister of State for Countering Extremism, Home Office
- Dr. Christophe Prince, Director for Data and Identity, Home Office
Image: Parliamentary copyright