Role of technology, research and innovation in the Covid-19 recovery examined
19 April 2021
On Wednesday 21 April, the House of Commons Science and Technology Committee is holding an evidence session on the role of the research, business and innovation communities in the recovery from covid-19 and the support needed by these communities.
- Watch Parliamentary TV: The role of technology, research and innovation in the COVID-19 recovery
- Inquiry: The role of technology, research and innovation in the COVID-19 recovery
- Science and Technology Committee
This is as part of the Committee’s inquiry into the role of technology, research and innovation in the COVID-19 recovery. This is the first session of the inquiry. The session will also be an opportunity to follow-up on science funding issues arising from the Budget.
Wednesday 21 April
Panel one (at 9.30am)
- Hetan Shah, Chief Executive, British Academy
- Sir Adrian Smith, President, Royal Society
- Hilary Reynolds CBE, Chief Executive, Association of Medical Research Charities
Panel two (at approx. 10.30am)
- Naomi Weir, Head of Innovation, CBI
- Verity Davidge, Director of Central Policy, Make UK