Joint Inquiry to examine Government Strategy for pandemic preparedness
27 November 2020
On 2 December, the Science and Technology Committee and the Health and Social Care Committee will hold its second evidence session of the week as part of its joint inquiry into lessons learnt from the pandemic response.
- Watch on Parliament TV
- Inquiry: Coronavirus: lessons learnt
- Science and Technology Committee
- Health and Social Care Committee
Purpose of the session
Chaired by Greg Clark MP—Chair of the Science and Technology Committe—the session will focus on Government strategy for pandemic preparedness and the lessons learned from Exercise Cygnus.
The session will also explore cross-Government arrangements and internal structures for contingency planning.
Wednesday 2 December
- Professor Dame Sally Davies, Chief Medical Officer for England (2010–2019)
- Sir Mark Walport, Government Chief Scientific Adviser (2013–17)
- Sir Oliver Letwin, Cabinet Office Minister (2010–2016)
- Lord Mark Sedwill, Cabinet Secretary (2018–2020)