Biometrics Strategy discussed with Minister
6 February 2018
The Science and Technology Committee holds an evidence session on the Biometrics Strategy and Forensic Services with the Minister for Countering Extremism and the Forensic Science Regulator.
- Watch Parliament TV: Biometrics Strategy and Forensic Services
- Inquiry: Biometrics Strategy and Forensic Services
- Science and Technology Committee
Tuesday 6 February 2018, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
At 9.30 am
- Dr Gillian Tully, Forensic Science Regulator
At 10.30 am
- Baroness Williams of Trafford, Minister for Countering Extremism, Home Office
- Christophe Prince, Director for Data and Identity, Home Office
The session hears from the Forensic Science Regulator on developments since the Government's 2016 Forensics Strategy was published, progress on issues raised by the previous Committee's report on that document, and recent developments in the forensics market.
The Committee also discusses with the minister the reasons for the delay in producing a Biometrics Strategy, as well as use and retention issues for different types of biometrics, including facial image technology.