Research integrity examined with academics
24 October 2017
Science and Technology Committee explores themes including the trends and drivers of problems with research integrity, the problem of reproducibility in science, and progress with implementing the Concordat on Research Integrity.
Tuesday 24 October 2017, Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster
- Professor Dorothy Bishop, Professor of Developmental Neuropsychology, University of Oxford
- Dr Arnaud Vaganay, Director, Meta-Lab
- Professor Dame Ottoline Leyser FRS, former Chair, Steering Group on the Culture of Scientific Research, Nuffield Council on Bioethics
- Dr Elizabeth Wager, Publications Consultant, Sideview; Honorary Coordinator, the REWARD Alliance
- Professor Sir Ian Diamond, Research Policy Network, Universities UK
- Professor Ian Walmsley, Pro Vice Chancellor for Research Working Group, Russell Group
- Dr Peter Wilmshurst, Consultant Cardiologist, Royal Stoke University Hospital
POSTnote and previous inquiry
The inquiry was originally launched to coincide with the publication of a briefing note on this topic by the Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology (POST), which provides background on a range of relevant issues.
Image: Creative Commons CC0