How are algorithms and AI changing the nature of healthcare?
11 January 2018
The Science and Technology Committee examines algorithms in decision-making with representatives from Google DeepMind Health and the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency. The topic was pitched to the Committee last year by Sense About Science, as part of the previous Committee's "My Science Inquiry" initiative.
- Watch parliament TV: Algorithms in decision-making
- Inquiry: Algorithms in decision-making
- Inquiry: My Science Inquiry
- Science and Technology Committee
Tuesday 16 January 2018, Committee Room 17, Palace of Westminster
- Dr Dominic King, Senior Staff Research Scientist and Clinical Lead, DeepMind Health
- Dr Ian Hudson, Chief Executive, Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- Professor Harry Hemingway, Farr Institute of Health Informatics Research
- Eleonora Harwich, Head of Digital and Tech Innovation, Reform
Purpose of the session
This session will look at how algorithms and AI are changing the nature of healthcare delivery. It will also consider the ways in which the NHS can harness the value of its data without compromising on patient privacy and consent.