Committee to question Ofcom and the National Cyber Security Centre
22 October 2020
On Wednesday 28 October, the House of Commons Science and Technology Committee is holding its fifth evidence session as part of its UK telecommunications infrastructure and the UK’s domestic capability inquiry.
Purpose of the session
The Committee will hear from the Chair of the Government’s recently established Telecoms Diversification Taskforce on the taskforce’s role and the key aspects of the forthcoming diversification strategy. The second panel focuses on Australia’s response to banning Huawei two years ago, and the world’s first operational OpenRAN network in Japan. Finally, the third panel features Ofcom and the National Cyber Security Centre and the Committee will discuss market diversity and telecommunications security in the UK.
Wednesday 28 October 2020
- Lord Livingston, Chair, Telecoms Diversification Taskforce.
At approx. 10am
- Tareq Amin, Chief Technology Officer, Rakuten Mobile.
- Dr Tobias Feakin, Ambassador for Cyber Affairs and Critical Technology, Australian Government.
At approx. 10.45am
- Dr Yih-Choung Teh, Group Director for Strategy and Research, Ofcom.
- Dr Ian Levy, Technical Director, National Cyber Security Centre.
Image: Parliamentary copyright