Sir John Kingman questioned on role of interim chair
6 October 2016
The Science and Technology Committee hold an evidence session with Sir John Kingman on the role and priorities of the UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) interim chair.
- Watch Parliamentary TV: Role and priorities of the UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) interim chair
- Inquiry: Role and priorities of the UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) interim chair
- Science and Technology Committee
Wednesday 12 October 2016, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Sir John Kingman, Interim Chair, UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)
- Rebecca Endean, Director, Science and Research, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
Purpose of the session
The session with Sir John Kingman will allow the Committee to examine his remit, objectives and priorities as the recently appointed interim Chair of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)—the single strategic body proposed in the Higher Education and Research Bill to bring together the seven Research Councils, Innovate UK, and Research England.
In due course, the Committee will undertake a pre-appointment hearing with the permanent UKRI chair.
Image: Parliamentary copyright
Video: Parliamentary copyright