Examining the Nurse Review of research councils
9 December 2015
The Science and Technology Committee holds a one-off evidence session on the Nurse Review of research councils.
- Ensuring a successful UK research endeavour: A Review of the UK Research Councils by Paul Nurse (PDF 456 KB)
- Spending Review and Autumn Statement 2015 (PDF 1.39 MB)
- The science budget, First Report of the Science and Technology Committee, 2015-16 (HC 340) (PDF 722.67 KB)
- Fulfilling our potential: Teaching Excellence, Social Mobility and Student Choice - Cm 9141 (PDF 2.15 MB)
- Watch Parliament TV: Nurse Review of research councils
- Inquiry: Nurse Review of research councils
- Science and Technology Committee
Tuesday 15 December 2015, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Sir Paul Nurse
- Professor Philip Nelson, Executive Group Chair, Research Councils UK
- David Sweeney, Director, Research, Education and Knowledge Exchange, Higher Education Funding Council for England
Purpose of the session
The session will examine the Nurse Review on the Research Councils (PDF 456 KB), published on 19 November 2015, and, in the light of the Spending Review, published on 25 November 2015, will follow up issues raised in the Committee's earlier report on the science budget (PDF 722 KB).
These issues include the role of the research councils, the future of the science ‘dual support' funding system, also addressed in the Higher Education Green Paper (PDF 2.15 MB) published on 6 November 2015, and the link between science and innovation.