Progress of Universal Credit explored
7 December 2015
Public Accounts Committee takes evidence on the progress of the six recommendations the Committee made on Universal Credit.
- Watch Parliament TV: Universal Credit: recall
- Inquiry: Universal Credit: recall
- Public Accounts Committee
Monday 7 December 2015, Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster
- Robert Devereux, Permanent Secretary, Department for Work and Pensions
- Neil Couling, Senior Responsible Officer, Universal Credit, Department for Work and Pensions
- James Bowler, Director General, Tax and Welfare, HM Treasury
Purpose of session
The Committee made six recommendations on Universal Credit aimed at improving transparency around costs and progress; developing contingency plans; and strengthening accountability arrangements to secure better value for money for the taxpayer in future. This session examines progress against those recommendations.
Video: Parliamentary copyright