Financial sustainability of Police Forces in England and Wales examined
9 July 2015
The Public Accounts Committee announces its first evidence session of the new Parliament. The Committee holds a session on the financial sustainability of Police Forces in England and Wales on Monday 13 July at 4pm.
- Parliament TV: Watch the evidence session
- Inquiry: Financial sustainability of police forces in England and Wales
- Public Accounts Committee
Monday 13 July, Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster
- Mark Sedwill, Permanent Secretary, Home Office
- Sir Tom Winsor, HM Chief Inspector of Constabulary
- Alex Marshall, Chief Executive, College of Policing
Meg Hillier, Chair of the Public Accounts Committee, said
"Policing is an issue which affects all of our communities. It is right the Committee should begin its work by pressing the Home Office on how they are managing the risks of squeezed police budgets, and explore what the Department is doing to work with HMIC and the College of Policing to get a clearer picture of the impact of its funding decisions on the police service".
Follow the inquiry on #costofpolicing
Video: Parliamentary copyright