NI Protocol customs issues to be examined by NIAC
8 February 2021
The Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (NIAC) will take evidence from businesses involved in moving goods across the Irish Sea to examine the challenges they have faced since the Northern Ireland Protocol came into effect on 1 January.
Purpose of the session
Representatives from port operator Stena Line, customs agent Allied Fleet Services and haulage firms DFDS and AM Nexday are expected to discuss;
- the effect of the Protocol on their businesses and goods movements since 1 January and how any issues are being addressed;
- customs formalities and groupage guidance; and
- agri-food goods movements.
Wednesday 10 February
- Ian Davies, Head if UK Port Authorities, Stena Line;
- Sarah Hards, Business Development Manager, AM Nexday;
- Stephen McAneney, Managing Director, Allied Fleet Services;
- Nick McCullough, Managing Director, DFDS Northern Ireland.
Image: Parliamentary copyright