Veterans Commissioner Kinahan to discuss legacy with Northern Ireland Affairs Committee
2 February 2021
The Northern Ireland Affairs Committee will speak with Veterans Commissioner Danny Kinahan about his role at an oral evidence session to be held on Wednesday.
- Watch the session on Parliament TV
- Non-inquiry session: Work of the Veterans' Commissioner for Northern Ireland
- Northern Ireland Affairs Committee
Appointed in August 2020, Mr Kinahan is the first person to take up the role following its creation. The Northern Ireland Veterans Commissioner is the chief advocate for veterans and their concerns in relation to Northern Ireland.
The evidence session is likely to include:
- an overview of the challenges faced by Northern Ireland veterans;
- the UK Government’s proposals to tackle the legacy of the Troubles; and
- New Decade, New Approach commitments to further incorporate the Armed Forces Covenant into law.
Wednesday 3 February 2021
- Danny Kinahan, Northern Ireland Veterans Commissioner
Image: Crown Copyright