Shared Prosperity Fund in NI to be examined by Committee
12 October 2020
The Northern Ireland Affairs Committee will hold a one-off session on the Shared Prosperity Fund, which is due to replace EU structural funds following Brexit.
- Watch the session on Parliament TV
- Non-inquiry session: UK Shared Prosperity Fund
- Northern Ireland Committee
MPs will question a broad spectrum of experts and affected bodies from Northern Ireland including mental health services, Northern Ireland small businesses and officials from local and devolved government.
Scope of the session
The Committee is likely to ask the panel its views on:
- the effectiveness and implementation of current European structural funding in Northern Ireland;
- progress in the development of the Shared Prosperity Fund and on any cross-border aspects of it; and
- the priorities and level of funding available to Northern Ireland as part of the Fund.
Panel 1 at 9.30am:
- David Babington, Chief Executive, Action Mental Health Northern Ireland;
- Professor Steve Fothergill, Centre for Region and Economic Social Research, Sheffield Hallam University & Director, Industrial Communities Alliance;
- Roger Pollen, Head of External Affairs, Federation of Small Businesses Northern Ireland;
- Suzanne Wylie, Northern Ireland Local Government Association & Chief Executive, Belfast City Council.
Panel 2 at 10.30am:
- Bill Pauley, Director, Strategic Policy & Reform, Department of Finance, Northern Ireland Executive.