Post-Brexit customs evidence heard by MPs
29 April 2020
The Northern Ireland Affairs Committee holds its first ever online public evidence session on Thursday, when it hears from a panel of experts and trade body representatives to inform its inquiry into Northern Ireland's customs arrangements after Brexit.
Purpose of the session
MPs are likely to explore:
- the implementation of the Northern Ireland Protocol;
- the effect of the Protocol on the movement of goods;
- how the new customs regime will be set up by January 2021; and
- what ‘unfettered access' means for businesses in Northern Ireland.
Thursday 30 March, via Zoom
- Aodhán Connolly, Director, Northern Ireland Retail Consortium
- Anne Donaghy, Chief Executive of Mid and East Antrim Borough Council
- Wesley Aston, CEO, Ulster Farmers' Union (UFU)
- Angela McGowan, CBI Northern Ireland Director
- Professor David Widdowson AM Dean of the UK Customs Academy
Image: Parliamentary Copyright