Michael Gove to face questions on NI-GB post-Brexit trade
15 June 2020
Northern Ireland Affairs Committee questions Michael Gove and Brandon Lewis as it seeks further details on how the UK Government intends to implement the Northern Ireland Protocol.
Thursday 18 June 2020, virtual session
- Rt Hon. Michael Gove MP, Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster
- Rt Hon. Brandon Lewis MP, Secretary of State for Northern Ireland
The implementation of the Protocol will determine how trade will be conducted between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK and to what degree it will be ‘unfettered' as the Government has pledged.
Likely topics for discussion include:
- The Government's definition of “unfettered access” and its strategy for achieving this objective;
- How the new regime of customs checks and declarations, set out in the UK Government's Command Paper on implementing the Protocol, will affect the movement of goods between Great Britain and Northern Ireland;
- Government and businesses' preparedness for the new arrangements
Image: Parliamentary copyright