Implications of Brexit for criminal justice
10 January 2017
The Justice Committee questions criminal law experts on the implications of Brexit for criminal justice.
- Watch Parliament TV: Implications of Brexit for the justice system
- Inquiry: Implications of Brexit for the justice system
- Justice Committee
Purpose of the session
This session focuses on criminal justice. The Committee will consider the implications of Brexit for the UK in relation to EU mechanisms for police and judicial co-operation, including the European Arrest Warrant, Europol and Eurojust, and the kind of relationship the UK should be seeking with such mechanisms as part of Brexit negotiations.
Tuesday 10 January 2017, The Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Francis FitzGibbon QC, Chair, Criminal Bar Association
- Professor Tim Wilson, Professor of Criminal Justice Policy, Northumbria Law School, Northumbria University
- Michael Gray, Founding Partner Gray and Co Solicitors, on behalf of the Criminal Law Solicitors' Association