Governance structures within the prison system examined
28 June 2019
The Justice Committee holds the second evidence session for its inquiry into prison governance.
Purpose of the session
This Inquiry provides the opportunity to examine the governance structures within the prison system and the question of leadership within prisons.
This session will cover:
- The commissioning and oversight of health services
- The new arrangements for education in prison, as well as consideration of the implementation of the Coates Review.
Tuesday 2 July in Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster.
- Dr Sarah Bromley, National Medical Director, Health in Justice, Care UK
- Dr Ian Cumming, Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist, Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Digby Griffith, Executive Director Safety and Rehabilitation, HM Prison and Probation Service)
- Francesca Cooney, Head of Policy, Prisoner's Education Trust/ Prisoners Learning Alliance
- Paul Cottrell, Acting General Secretary, University and College Union
- Chris Emmett, Director of Strategy, Prison Education, Weston College