Call for evidence
Electronic Waste Evidence
Implementing a Circular Economy for Electronic Goods
- What steps are being taken to move towards a circular economy for electronic goods? How can the UK Government support this transition?
- What is the environmental and human health risk from e-waste? How significant is it and who is most at risk?
- How can secondary markets for electrical goods be improved? What incentives are required to implement these markets?
- Why does recovering materials from electronic waste pose a significant challenge? What support is required to facilitate the adoption of recovery technologies?
UK’s Electronic Waste Sector
- Are UK Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) collection targets achievable? What challenges do UK producer compliance schemes and WEEE reprocessors face in meeting the collection targets?
- What causes fraud in the UK’s e-waste system? How can this be addressed?
- What action can the UK Government take to prevent to the illegal export of e-waste to the developing world?
- What proposals does the UK Government need to consider as part of its consultation on WEEE?
- Is UK public awareness of e-waste recycling satisfactory? If not, how can it be improved?
Submit evidence by clicking on the button below.