Call for evidence
Possible Future Inquiries
In line with the recommendations of the Liaison Committee in the 2017 Parliament, the Environmental Audit Committee is keen to have input from stakeholders on proposed future inquiries.
The Committee has identified several topics which it may choose to focus on during the first year of this Parliament:
- Energy efficiency of existing homes
- Nature based solutions to climate change
- Local authorities and net zero
- Follow up on progress since 2018 Green Finance inquiry
- Community energy
- Biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Sustainability of crop management
- Carbon labelling
Short written submissions are invited to aid the Committee in prioritising its programme of work. These should be submitted by clicking on the button below by 5pm on Thursday 9 April.
Submissions should focus on the following:
- What are the key issues that the Committee should consider under a particular inquiry topic?
- How effective is government policy in the policy area covered by each inquiry?
- Why should the Committee consider a particular inquiry as a priority?
Submissions can relate to any of the proposed inquiry topics.
Once the Committee has identified which inquiry it wishes to focus on first, a further call for evidence will be issued to invite more detailed submissions from stakeholders on the chosen topic.
This call for written evidence has now closed.Go back to Possible Future Inquiries Inquiry