Call for Evidence
Sustainability of local journalism
Terms of Reference:
The DCMS Committee is inviting written evidence here by 6pm on Thursday 31 March 2022 addressing the following areas:
- How are public service broadcasters, particularly the BBC, supporting or disrupting local journalism?
- What has been the impact of the 2019 Cairncross review on local journalism, and what more needs to be done?
- How can the Government support local news outlets to develop sustainable business models?
- What role does social media play in local journalism?
- How are partisan and hyper-partisan news outlets disrupting local news production?
This call for written evidence has now closed.Go back to Sustainability of local journalism Inquiry