Call for Evidence
Hydrogen and carbon capture in Scotland
This submission form is not currently public. Please only use this form if invited to do so by the committee, otherwise your submission might not be considered.
Terms of reference: Hydrogen and carbon capture in Scotland
The Committee calls for evidence to be submitted on the following issues:
- To what extent are the ambitions of the UK Hydrogen Strategy, published August 2021, adequate for Scotland?
- What should be the focus of UK Government investment to ensure that Scottish industry, supported by Scottish research, is able to become a world leader in green hydrogen for domestic use and export??
- Which market mechanism should be used to incentivise investment in producing low-cost green hydrogen?
- What infrastructure, and investment in infrastructure, is needed for green hydrogen to be easily available for heavy transport and buses across the whole of Scotland?
- What role should the oil and gas industry play in achieving a “just transition” to blue and green hydrogen in Scotland?
- What training is required to build a hydrogen-ready workforce in Scotland? What is the long-term sustainability of the Scottish workforce for hydrogen power?
The Committee values diversity and seeks to ensure this where possible. We encourage members of underrepresented groups to submit written evidence.
Deadline for submissions
The Committee calls for evidence to be submitted by Tuesday 1 March.