Call for Evidence
Submitting written evidence to the inquiry
Terms of reference
We welcome submissions which address any of the following questions:
- In what ways can the UK’s independent trade policy be harnessed to promote development objectives, including but not limited to the UN Sustainable Development Goals?
- To what extent are the Government’scurrent trade priorities geared towards meeting development objectives?
- Should the UK’s Economic Partnership Agreements with African, Caribbeanand Pacific countries be renegotiated? If so, how, by what means and to what end?
- What effects, if any, will the UK’s trade agreements with developed countries, such as Australia and New Zealand,have on its trade with developing countries (for instance by potentially eroding the preference advantages currently enjoyed by many developing countries)?
- Howcan the planned Developing Countries Trading Scheme improve on its predecessor, the UK Generalised Scheme of Preferences?
- How shouldthe UK Government be working with, and on behalf of, developing countries through the World Trade Organization and other multilateral forums?
We read all the evidence we receive. The evidence you give may help to shape our inquiry and final report.
This call for written evidence has now closed.Go back to UK trade approach towards developing countries Inquiry