Call for Evidence
Energy pricing and the future of the Energy Market
The Committee welcomes evidence submissions on the terms of reference outlined below. The closing date for submissions is 31 January 2022.
- The regulatory requirements companies must meet in order to trade as a regulated entity in the retail energy market.
- The mandate, role and performance of Ofgem in setting regulation and supervising regulated entities.
- The performance of previous policies introduced to stimulate effective competition within the retail energy market, and an assessment of the impact on competition of proposed future regulatory frameworks.
- The functioning and performance of the ‘energy price cap’ and an assessment of its use in the future, and an assessment of the role of auto-switching.
- The future of Bulb and the recovery of public funds and the cost to consumers of other energy supplier failures.
- The role of retail market reform in the context of the UKs net zero transition and domestic energy security requirements.
- The comparison of UK wholesale prices and additional costs with the wholesale prices and additional costs across Europe.
This call for written evidence has now closed.Go back to Energy pricing and the future of the Energy Market Inquiry