Call for Evidence
The future of post-16 qualifications
The Committee invites written submissions on any or all the following points:
- The experience to date of those taking or delivering T Levels, and any changes to T Levels that may be needed to ensure they are accessible to all students.
- The strengths and weaknesses of the current system of post-16 qualifications, with reference to A Levels, T Levels, BTECs and apprenticeships, in preparing young people for work or further and higher education.
- The benefits and challenges the Government’s proposed changes to Level 3 qualifications would bring, with reference to any implications for BTECs and routes into apprenticeships.
- The extent to which the Government’s review of level 3 qualifications will impact disadvantaged groups, students from minority ethnic backgrounds, students known to the care system, and students with special educational needs or disabilities, and what measures might be put in place to mitigate any negative impacts
- The benefits and disadvantages of introducing a baccalaureate system in post-16 education that allows students to take a variety of subjects, including both academic and vocational options.
- The benefits and disadvantages of a post-qualifications admission system.
- International good practice examples of systems for post-16 education and qualifications.
You can submit evidence until 23:59 on Thursday 20 January 2022.