Call for Evidence
Promoting Britain abroad
Terms of Reference
The Committee will consider the following terms of reference for those submitting evidence (Deadline: 6pm, 6 January 2022):
1. What needs to be done to re-establish the UK as a holiday destination for international travellers?
- What should Government and the tourism boards be doing to support the inbound tourism industry in its recovery?
- What will the impact on the UK’s hospitality, cultural and heritage sectors be if inbound tourism is slow to recover to pre-pandemic levels?
2. Does the Tourism Recovery Plan go far enough to support the industry’s recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic?
- What are the biggest challenges to delivering the plan?
3. What should the UK be doing to maintain its status as a ‘soft power superpower’ and further promote its culture and heritage on the global stage?
- How can the UK capitalise on its exit from the European Union?
- What are the biggest threats to the status of ‘soft power superpower’?
This call for written evidence has now closed.Go back to Promoting Britain abroad Inquiry