Call for Evidence
Call for evidence
This submission form is not currently public. Please only use this form if invited to do so by the committee, otherwise your submission might not be considered.
The Committee welcomes written evidence on the following questions by 7 September 2021:
- How can international trade and investment contribute to realising the goals of COP26?
- Are international trade and investment likely to feature in the high-level negotiations at COP26?
- What are the possible impacts of climate change on international trade and investment?
- To what extent does the Government’s trade policy align with the objectives of COP26? This includes, but is not limited to, its actions at the WTO, its G7 presidency, and its bilateral and plurilateral trade agenda.
- What discussions, if any, are planned to develop a multilateral approach to carbon pricing systems (including border adjustment mechanisms), green subsidies and investment funds, the curbing of fossil fuel subsidies, a circular economy and sustainable supply chains?
- What impact could an agreement on finance at COP26 have on trends in international investment?
- What engagement has there been between the COP26 Unit and the Department for International Trade on the Government’s agenda for its Presidency?