Call for Evidence
The Elections Bill
This submission form is not currently public. Please only use this form if invited to do so by the committee, otherwise your submission might not be considered.
The Government has introduced the Elections Bill, which covers a wide range of areas in relation to the administration and conduct of elections, including;
- provisions on voter ID
- the Electoral Commission
- membership of the Speaker’s Committee on the Electoral Commission
- undue influence and electoral intimidation
- the regulation of expenditure for political purposes
- information to be included in digital election material
- overseas voting
- voting and candidacy rights of EU citizens
- changes to postal and proxy voting
The Committee is only inviting evidence that is directly related to the provisions of the Bill or tangential matters on which the Bill is silent. The Committee is not seeking evidence at this time on wider electoral matters.
Duplicate submissions and evidence already in the public domain will not be published.
The deadline for submissions is 31 August 2021 at 18.00.
If you have questions or would like to discuss providing written evidence to the Committee please contact Dr Patrick Thomas or Sibel Taner at email@example.com