Call for Evidence
Animal Welfare (Sentience) Bill
The proposed terms of reference for such an inquiry are:
1. Will the Animal Welfare (Sentience) Bill ensure that animal sentience is properly taken into account in both new and existing Government policy in England?
2. Are there sufficient safeguards to ensure that the proposed Animal Sentience Committee will be (a) independent (b) have the necessary expertise and (c) have the necessary powers to be effective?
3. Are the proposed requirements on the Government to respond to an Animal Sentience Committee’s report sufficient?
4. How does the proposed Animal Sentience Committee compare to similar bodies, such as the Scottish Animal Welfare Commission?
5. Is the Government correct to limit the scope of the Bill to vertebrate animals?
If you are submitting evidence on behalf of an organisation, please be sure to select that option. The submission form will still give you the option to enter your own name and contact details.
In order to promote openness and transparency, the Committee will normally only accept anonymous or confidential evidence where there is a good reason. If you would like to request anonymity, or that your evidence is kept confidential, please include your reasons for the request at the beginning of your evidence.
This call for written evidence has now closed.Go back to Animal Welfare (Sentience) Bill Inquiry