Call for Evidence
The Treatment of Contracted Staff for The MoD’s Ancillary Services
- How does the Ministry of Defence decide which ancillary services are outsourced and which remain staffed by civilian employees?
- What is the level of outsourcing in services such as Guard Services, Fire and Rescue Services and catering?
- What level of saving does outsourcing provide the Ministry of Defence in the long term?
- How important are the terms and conditions of contracted staff when the Ministry of Defence considers a bid from a company? Does contracting out services result in worse terms and conditions for staff?
- Has there been downward pressure on the terms and conditions of contracted staff in recent years?
- To what extent are contracted staff treated fairly compared with their directly employed counterparts?
- To what extent are contracted staff part of the wider defence family?
- Has the outsourcing of key services damaged the link between the military and the communities that they are part of?
This call for written evidence has now closed.Go back to The Treatment of Contracted Staff for The MoD’s Ancillary Services Inquiry