Call for Evidence
The Security of 5G
The Committee is inviting written evidence submissions on the following points. The deadline is now 5pm on Friday 17 April 2020.
- What are the risks to the UK’s 5G infrastructure? How can these be mitigated?
- What is the role of government in 5G cyber security?
- To what degree is it possible to exclude Huawei technology from the most sensitive parts of the UK’s 5G network while allowing it to supply peripheral components?
- What credible alternatives are available to Huawei systems?
- To what extent was the UK Government’s decision on Huawei driven by political rather than technical factors?
- How will the UK Government’s decision impact the UK’s geopolitical position?
- How will the UK’s allies, particularly those in Five Eyes, respond to this decision?
- How will this decision impact the UK’s security and defence capabilities and the UK’s interoperability with allies?
- How important it is for the UK, separately or with allies, to maintain industrial capability in this field?
This call for written evidence has now closed.Go back to The Security of 5G Inquiry