Call for evidence
The DCMS Committee is inviting written submissions by 6pm on Friday 7 May addressing the following areas:
- How would you define ‘influencers’ and ‘influencer culture’? Is this a new phenomenon?
- Has ‘influencing’ impacted popular culture? If so, how has society and/or culture changed because of this side of social media?
- Is it right that influencers are predominantly associated with advertising and consumerism, and if not, what other roles to influencers fulfil online?
- How are tech companies encouraging or disrupting the activities of influencing?
- How aware are users of the arrangements between influencers and advertisers? Should policymakers, tech companies and influencers and advertisers themselves do more to ensure these arrangements are transparent?