Call for Evidence
Children and young people's mental health inquiry
Terms of reference
- What progress have the Government made on children and young people’s mental health, including but not limited to:
- The ambitions laid out in the 2017 Green Paper
- Provision of mental health support in schools.
- Provision of support for young people with eating disorders
- Addressing capacity and training issues in the mental health workforce
- Improving access to mental health services
- How inpatient care can be improved so that it is not creating additional stress on children and young people, and how the use of physical and medical restraint can be reduced
- The wider changes needed in the system as a whole, and to what extent it should be reformed in favour of a model that focuses on early intervention in children and young people’s mental health to prevent more severe illness developing
- How the Government can learn from examples of best practice, including from other countries?
- What measures are needed to tackle increasing rates of self-harming and suicide among children and young people?
This call for written evidence has now closed.Go back to Children and young people's mental health Inquiry