Call for evidence
Future of Financial Services
- How can the UK financial services sector take advantage of the UK’s new trading environment with the rest of the world?
- What changes should be made to the UK’s financial services regulations and regulatory framework once the UK is independent of the European Union?
- What should the Government’s financial services priorities be when it negotiates trade agreements with third countries?
- Should the UK open its financial services markets to external competition from countries outside of Europe, or should the UK maintain the current regulatory barriers that apply to third countries?
- What skills and immigration policy will the UK financial services sector need once the UK has left the European Union?
- How can Government policy and the UK regulators facilitate the emergence of FinTech and new competition; develop new areas of growth for the financial services sector; and promote the UK as the best place to incubate new financial technologies and firms?
- Through what legislative mechanism should new financial regulations be made?
- What role does Parliament have to play in influencing new financial services regulations?
- How should new UK financial regulations be scrutinised?
- What progress has the Government and regulators made in facilitating key financial services equivalence agreements with third countries; and would an alternative mechanism serve the interests of the UK market better?
- How should financial services regulators be funded?
- Should the mandate and statutory objectives of the financial services regulators change to include wider public policy issues?
- How important is the independence of regulators and how might this best be protected?
- How can the balance between lighter touch regulation and prudential safeguards be best secured?
- How should consumer interests be taken into account when considering potential regulatory changes?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the European Union model of scrutinising financial services legislation?
- Should the UK seek to replicate the EU’s model for drafting and scrutinising financial services regulation?
This call for written evidence has now closed.Go back to Future of Financial Services Inquiry