Call for Evidence
Persistent absence and support for disadvantaged pupils
Written submissions are invited on the following:
- The factors causing persistent and severe absence among different groups of pupils, in particular:
- Disadvantaged pupils,
- Pupils from minority ethnic backgrounds,
- Pupils with SEND and those who are clinically vulnerable to covid-19,
- Pupils in alternative provision.
- How schools and families can be better supported to improve attendance, and how this affects pupils and families who are clinically vulnerable to covid-19.
- The impact of the Department’s proposed reforms to improve attendance.
- The impact of school breakfast clubs and free school meals on improving attendance for disadvantaged pupils.
- The role of the Holiday Activities and Food programme and other after school and holiday clubs, such as sports, in improving attendance and engagement with school.
You can submit evidence until 23:59 on Thursday 9 February 2023. Your submission should be no more than 3000 words.
This call for written evidence has now closed.Go back to Persistent absence and support for disadvantaged pupils Inquiry