Call for Evidence
Governance of artificial intelligence (AI)
This submission form is not currently public. Please only use this form if invited to do so by the committee, otherwise your submission might not be considered.
The Committee welcomes submissions on the following questions:
- How effective is current governance of AI in the UK?
- What are the current strengths and weaknesses of current arrangements, including for research?
- What measures could make the use of AI more transparent and explainable to the public?
- How should decisions involving AI be reviewed and scrutinised in both public and private sectors?
- Are current options for challenging the use of AI adequate and, if not, how can they be improved?
- How should the use of AI be regulated, and which body or bodies should provide regulatory oversight?
- To what extent is the legal framework for the use of AI, especially in making decisions, fit for purpose?
- Is more legislation or better guidance required?
- What lessons, if any, can the UK learn from other countries on AI governance?