Call for evidence
Fixing fashion: follow up
The Committee is inviting written evidence on the following:
- What progress has been made in reducing the environmental and social impact of the fashion industry since the Fixing Fashion report came out?
- What impact has the pandemic had on fashion waste?
- What impact has the pandemic had on the relationship between fashion retailers and suppliers?
- How could employment law and payment of the minimum wage be more effectively enforced within the UK fashion industry?
- What are the pros and cons of proposals to license factories or more strongly regulate purchasing practices?
- What would be the most effective measures industry or Government could put in place to ensure that materials or products made with forced or prison camp labour are removed from the supply chain?
- How can any stimulus after the Coronavirus crisis be used to promote a more sustainable fashion industry?
- Is the Sustainable Clothing Action Plan adequate to address the environmental impact of the UK fashion industry? How ambitious should its targets be in its next phase?
- What actions could Government take to improve the collection of fashion waste?
- What actions could the Government take to incentivise the use of recycled or reused fibres and materials in the UK fashion industry?
- How could an Extended Producer Responsibility scheme for textiles be designed to incentive improvements in the sustainability of garments on sale in the UK?
This call for written evidence has now closed.Go back to Fixing fashion: follow up Inquiry