Call for evidence
The Future of Legal Aid
Terms of reference
The Committee welcomes evidence on:
- How LASPO has impacted access to justice and for views on the post-implementation review and the criminal legal aid review;
- The role of the Legal Aid Agency;
- Recruitment and retention problems among legal aid professionals;
- The impact of the court reform programme and the increasing use of technology on legal aid services and clients;
- The impact of Covid-19 on legal aid services and clients; and
- What the challenges are for legal aid over the next decade, what reforms are needed and what can be learnt from elsewhere.
The deadline to submit written evidence is 2 November 2020.