Call for evidence
Public Sector Procurement of Food
Terms of reference
The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee is seeking written submissions, by Thursday 27 August, addressing any of the following questions:
- How effective have current food procurement rules been at achieving environmental outcomes, encouraging healthy eating and supporting local suppliers, including SMEs?
- What impact have Defra’s 2014 Plan for Public Procurement and the Government Buying Standard (GBS) had, and how could they be improved?
- How much flexibility will the UK have to change food procurement rules outside the EU?
- What should the Government’s priorities for future food procurement be? (a) How should the Government support these priorities in the negotiation of new trade deals?
- To what extent should the public sector be encouraged to “buy British"? (a) What are the advantages and disadvantages of such an approach?
If you are submitting evidence on behalf of an organisation, please be sure to select that option. The submission form will still give you the option to enter your own name and contact details.