Call for evidence
Defence contribution to the UK's pandemic response
The Committee would welcome written evidence addressing the following questions:
- To what extent were Defence personnel involved in developing national plans for pandemic response?
- What lessons were learned/implemented from previous emergencies and exercises?
- What specific preparations had the MoD/Armed Forces made for pandemic response?
- What capabilities can the Armed Forces offer and have these been employed appropriately and in good time?
- How have the MoD and the Armed Forces interacted with the devolved administrations?
- Have funding levels and budgetary arrangements for these activities been adequate?
- Are there lessons to be learnt from how other countries have employed their armed forces in this context?
- How effective has coordination between MoD and other government departments/agencies been?
- What have been the primary contributions/achievements of Armed Forces to date?
- Have Armed Forces personnel been adequately protected undertaking their work?
- Has military readiness been maintained throughout the pandemic?
- Have ongoing operational requirements been met during the pandemic?
This inquiry will not be examining the longer-term implications of the pandemic for UK Defence. The Committee will look to address these in due course.
The deadline for submissions has been extended to midnight on Monday 29 June 2020.
This call for written evidence has now closed.Go back to Defence contribution to the UK’s pandemic response Inquiry