Call for evidence
Impact of Covid-19 on DCMS sectors
The Committee invites written evidence on the impact of Covid-19 on any sectors under the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport’s remit (including, but not limited to, culture and the creative industries; civil society; sport; tourism; heritage; publishing, media and journalism; telecoms). In particular, the Committee is interested in finding out:
• What has been the immediate impact of Covid-19 on the sector?
• How effectively has the support provided by DCMS, other Government departments and arms-length bodies addressed the sector’s needs?
• What will the likely long-term impacts of Covid-19 be on the sector, and what support isneeded to deal with those?
• What lessons can be learnt from how DCMS, arms-length bodies and the sector have dealtwith Covid-19?
• How might the sector evolve after Covid-19, and how can DCMS support such innovation todeal with future challenges?
Evidence is requested by 1 May (now extended until Friday 19 June); however, in light of the pressures of the crisis, this deadline is flexible and open-ended (notice of its closure will be given in advance on the website). Organisations are also welcome to submit more than one piece of evidence if further information becomes available as the inquiry progresses.