Call for Evidence
Impact of Covid-19 on DCMS sectors
The Committee invites written evidence on the impact of Covid-19 on any sectors under the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport’s remit (including, but not limited to, culture and the creative industries; civil society; sport; tourism; heritage; publishing, media and journalism; telecoms). In particular, the Committee is interested in finding out:
• What has been the immediate impact of Covid-19 on the sector?
• How effectively has the support provided by DCMS, other Government departments and arms-length bodies addressed the sector’s needs?
• What will the likely long-term impacts of Covid-19 be on the sector, and what support isneeded to deal with those?
• What lessons can be learnt from how DCMS, arms-length bodies and the sector have dealtwith Covid-19?
• How might the sector evolve after Covid-19, and how can DCMS support such innovation todeal with future challenges?
The deadline for written evidence is 6pm, Friday 19 June. The Committee will not be accepting written evidence after this date, as it will be preparing its report. The Committee expects to invite further written evidence following publication of the report in late July. Any organisations or individuals that are unable to submit by 19 June, or wish to make supplementary submissions after this date, are asked to wait until the Committee announces that it is accepting submissions again.
This call for written evidence has now closed.Go back to Impact of Covid-19 on DCMS sectors Inquiry