Call for Evidence
Submitting written evidence to the inquiry on UK trade negotiations
Submit written evidence
The Committee welcomes submissions on some, or all, of the following points, on an ongoing basis. Submissions should be made using the UK trade negotiations inquiry page.
Terms of Reference
- Does the Department for International Trade (DIT) have the right objectives in respect of each Free Trade Agreement (FTA) negotiation?
- What are the potential opportunities and risks of each proposed FTA?
- How robust is DIT’s approach to determining the potential impacts of its proposed FTAs?
- What consideration should DIT give to the sequencing of its proposed FTAs, particularly with respect to the simultaneous negotiations being undertaken with the EU by the Cabinet Office?
- In respect of each negotiation, how effectively is the Government representing the interests of, and communicating with, devolved nations, local government, businesses, consumers and civil society groups?
- How effectively is the Government coordinating across Departments and stakeholders, particularly in relation to aspects of the negotiations with the EU that may affect other trade negotiations?
- Is Parliament able to effectively scrutinise ongoing negotiations?